Swim Said the Mama Fishy Adult Sweater Pattern - HFS Original - Downloadable PDF
At the moment, (ie as of November 1, 2020 until further notice), I am shipping on Mondays and Thursdays only.
PICK UP/COLLECTION FOR LOCAL CUSTOMERS
If you are local to Saffron Walden and would like to pick up your order to save on shipping fees please select the "Local Collection" option at checkout. I am located in Saffron Walden town centre and will email you to arrange a collection date/time and give address details shortly after your order has been placed.
Social distancing and all prevailing Covid-19 protocols will be followed, (ie, both parties wearing masks, will not directly hand off, etc.).
Shipping fees are calculated at checkout and are dependant on the delivery address and weight of your order as well as the class of service you select. (Please see below for specifics regarding your delivery address.)
A shipping confirmation with tracking information, (when applicable), will be sent via email once the order is shipped.
When possible I try to package so that your package will fit through a standard mail slot/into a mailbox.
- For orders up to £75 there is a flat shipping rate of £3.50
- Orders over £75 shipping to the UK are shipped for free.
- We offer Standard and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order to the EU.
- Please note that the Standard option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- Packages are usually delivered to the EU within 1-2 weeks of the date they are shipped, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer. Due to the current pandemic you may experience delays!
INTERNATIONAL OUTSIDE THE EU
- We ship worldwide to select countries from Saffron Walden, United Kingdom, and offer Standard International and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order.
- Please note that the Standard International option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- International customers are responsible for any local duties or taxes imposed by their local government.
- International packages outside the EU are usually delivered within 1-3 weeks of the shipping date, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer. Due to the current pandemic you may experience delays!
If your order includes an item that is designated as a pre-order item your entire order will ship together when the pre-order item is available. Should you wish to receive other items sooner please place a separate order or contact us to arrange for separate shipment.
Please note that payment for pre-order items is taken at the time the order is placed to reserve your item for you.
Everyone loves a pretty package, but out of respect to our environment your order will arrive with minimal labelling and packaging. Recycled and recyclable packaging is used whenever possible, keeping prices and environmental impact lower.
All gift orders are sent with the same minimal packaging as above. We can send your package straight to a gift recipient if you'd like and there is an option for a gift message at checkout. Gift orders are sent with a gift receipt that does not include pricing or payment information.
Returns of unused, unworn items, (yarn must still be in skein form), are accepted up to 30 days after the date of purchase. You are responsible for return shipping and will be refunded for your item(s) within three days of receipt of the return. Original shipping charges are not refundable.
Kits can only be returned as the full kit purchased. In other words,returns of individual kit items will not be accepted/refunded. If your kit contained a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from any refund.
Pattern orders cannot be cancelled or returned. If you return a kit that included a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from your refund.
If there is an occasion where you believe your item is defective please contact us within 3 days of receipt at email@example.com and send a photo of the defect and we'll take care of it.
Please send returns to:
High Fibre Shop
11 Freshwell St.
Saffron Walden, UK CB10 1BY
The adult version of the Swim Said the Mama Fishy is a top down, seamless sweater with a colourwork yoke and long sleeves. The pattern has been professionally graded, and tech edited. There is a schematic diagram included in the pattern.
- Sizes: A (B, C, D)(E, F, G): 36.25 (40.5, 44.5, 48.75)(53, 57, 61.25)” / 92 (102.5, 113, 124)(134.5, 145, 155.5) cm finished chest circumference. (Additional measurements in schematic.)
- Sizes and Finished Measurements: The measurements for the sizes above and in the schematic on page 9 are for the finished sweater. The recommended ease is 2-3”/ 5-7.5 cm positive ease. Please select a size that is 2-3”/5-7.5 cm larger than the actual chest circumference, (or that will give you the preferred fit).
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Techniques: stranded knitting in the round, increases, decreases
You Will Need:
Suggested Yarns: Fingering weight yarn; Sample was made with Skein Queen Crush
- MC: Highclere Castle (Brown) Skein Queen Crush (75% Merino wool, 25% nylon; 465 yds / 425 m per 100g skein) 3 (3, 3, 4)(4, 4, 5) skeins
- CC1: Chesil Beach (cream) Skein Queen Crush (75% Merino wool, 25% nylon; 465 yds / 425 m per 100g skein) 1 (1, 1, 1)(1, 1, 1) skeins
- CC2: Foxholes (orange) Skein Queen Crush (75% Merino wool, 25% nylon; 465 yds / 425 m per 100g skein) 1 (1, 1, 1)(1, 1, 1) skeins
MC: 1015 (1135, 1280, 1435)(1585, 1705, 1885) yds/ 928 (1038, 1170, 1312)(1449, 1559, 1724) m
CC1: 125 (135, 155, 165)(175, 185, 195) yds / 114 (123, 142, 151)(160, 169, 178) m
CC2: 125 (135, 155, 165)(175, 185, 195) yds / 114 (123, 142, 151)(160, 169, 178) m
26.5 sts and 31.5 rounds = 4 inches/10 cm over colourwork and st st, on larger needles, after blocking
30.5 sts and 31.5 rounds = 4 inches/10 cm over rib, on smaller needles, after blocking
Note about gauge – For a proper fit both stitch and round gauge are important, but for this pattern the stitch gauge is the most important as we will rely more on measuring than round counting for length. Swatching in both colourwork and st st is also important – many knitters have different gauges between the two and you may need to use two different needle sizes, (one for colourwork and one for st st sections).
Needle sizes are suggestions only. Please use the needle size necessary for you to obtain gauge. Change to longer circular needles as necessary as you work the yoke and body. Larger sizes will require longer needles.
US 2 (2.75mm) 16” (40 cm) circular for collar
US 2 (2.75mm) 24-31” (60-80 cm) circular for body hem
US 2 (2.75mm) DPNs or preferred needle type for cuffs
US 4 (3.5mm) 24-31” (60-80 cm) circular for body
US 4 (3.5mm) DPNs or preferred needle type for sleeves
This is a downloadable PDF pattern and you will be sent an email with the link to download when your purchase is completed. You will NOT receive a print version of the pattern, however you will be able to easily print it yourself from the download.