Hat Knitting Pattern - HFS Original - Downloadable PDF
Orders are shipped via Royal Mail 1-2 business days after order is received.
Shipping fees are calculated at checkout and are dependant on the delivery address and weight of your order as well as the class of service you select. (Please see below for specifics regarding your delivery address.)
A shipping confirmation with tracking information, (when applicable), will be sent via email once the order is shipped.
- We offer several options for shipping within the UK, including 1st Class, 2nd Class, and Signature Required options. The Signature Required option is often advisable when delivering to a business or flat.
- Orders over £75 shipping to the UK are shipped for free.
- We offer Standard and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order to the EU.
- Please note that the Standard option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- Packages are usually delivered to the EU within 1 week of the date they are shipped, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer.
INTERNATIONAL OUTSIDE THE EU
- We ship worldwide to select countries from Saffron Walden, United Kingdom, and offer Standard International and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order.
- Please note that the Standard International option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- International customers are responsible for any local duties or taxes imposed by their local government.
- International packages outside the EU are usually delivered within 1-3 weeks of the shipping date, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer.
If your order includes an item that is designated as a pre-order item your entire order will ship together when the pre-order item is available. Should you wish to receive other items sooner please place a separate order or contact us to arrange for separate shipment.
Please note that payment for pre-order items is taken at the time the order is placed to reserve your item for you.
Everyone loves a pretty package, but out of respect to our environment your order will arrive with minimal labelling and packaging. Recycled and recyclable packaging is used whenever possible, keeping prices and environmental impact lower.
All gift orders are sent with the same minimal packaging as above. We can send your package straight to a gift recipient if you'd like and there is an option for a gift message at checkout. Gift orders are sent with a gift receipt that does not include pricing or payment information.
Returns of unused, unworn items, (yarn must still be in skein form), are accepted up to 30 days after the date of purchase. You are responsible for return shipping and will be refunded for your item(s) within three days of receipt of the return. Original shipping charges are not refundable.
Kits can only be returned as the full kit purchased. In other words,returns of individual kit items will not be accepted/refunded. If your kit contained a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from any refund.
Pattern orders cannot be cancelled or returned. If you return a kit that included a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from your refund.
If there is an occasion where you believe your item is defective please contact us within 3 days of receipt at email@example.com and send a photo of the defect and we'll take care of it.
Please send returns to:
High Fibre Shop
11 Freshwell St.
Saffron Walden, UK CB10 1BY
Punctuation matters. Leave the comma out of the name of this pattern and it is an ode to a popular romantic comedy, (and perhaps a cheesy 70’s cartoon series). Put the comma in, however, and it’s a celebration of love in all of its varied forms and permutations.
I’ve chosen to write this pattern for a beanie style hat with 4 ply yarn, but there are notes on page 4 of the pattern for a slouchy DK version as well as some suggestions for achieving a wider range of sizes.
The colourwork itself is not difficult – you will be working with just two colours in each round.
There is a lot of room for exploring the use of colour. You could pair more traditional colours or go for a little less contrast or use a variegated or speckled yarn for the contrast colour. You can see some examples of these types of variations on my Ravelry page, (highfibrediet).
Top your hat off with a fun pom pom or wear it without one. Make a big, small, or in between yarn pom pom or use a faux fur or alpaca fur pom pom…make it your own!
NOTE: This is a downloadable PDF pattern and you will be sent an email with the link to download when your purchase is completed. You will NOT receive a print version of the pattern, however you will be able to easily print it yourself from the download.
- Toddler/Adult (fits up to 20/23” head); brim is 16/18” unstretched; 7/ 8.5” tall
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Techniques: Two colour stranded knitting, knitting in the round
You Will Need:
- 1 Main Colour (25/35g) and 1 Contrast Colour (15/25g)
- 16" circular or DPNs in sizes US3/3.25mm for brim and US4/3.5mm for body
- DPNs in size US4/3.5mm for crown
- Stitch marker and tapestry needle
- Optional: Yarn or Faux Fur Pom Pom