A Simple Twist of Fate Hat Knitting Pattern - HFS Original - Downloadable PDF
At the moment, (ie as of November 1, 2020 until further notice), I am shipping on Mondays and Thursdays only.
PICK UP/COLLECTION FOR LOCAL CUSTOMERS
If you are local to Saffron Walden and would like to pick up your order to save on shipping fees please select the "Local Collection" option at checkout. I am located in Saffron Walden town centre and will email you to arrange a collection date/time and give address details shortly after your order has been placed.
Social distancing and all prevailing Covid-19 protocols will be followed, (ie, both parties wearing masks, will not directly hand off, etc.).
Shipping fees are calculated at checkout and are dependant on the delivery address and weight of your order as well as the class of service you select. (Please see below for specifics regarding your delivery address.)
A shipping confirmation with tracking information, (when applicable), will be sent via email once the order is shipped.
When possible I try to package so that your package will fit through a standard mail slot/into a mailbox.
- For orders up to £75 there is a flat shipping rate of £3.50
- Orders over £75 shipping to the UK are shipped for free.
- We offer Standard and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order to the EU.
- Please note that the Standard option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- Packages are usually delivered to the EU within 1-2 weeks of the date they are shipped, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer. Due to the current pandemic you may experience delays!
INTERNATIONAL OUTSIDE THE EU
- We ship worldwide to select countries from Saffron Walden, United Kingdom, and offer Standard International and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order.
- Please note that the Standard International option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- International customers are responsible for any local duties or taxes imposed by their local government.
- International packages outside the EU are usually delivered within 1-3 weeks of the shipping date, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer. Due to the current pandemic you may experience delays!
If your order includes an item that is designated as a pre-order item your entire order will ship together when the pre-order item is available. Should you wish to receive other items sooner please place a separate order or contact us to arrange for separate shipment.
Please note that payment for pre-order items is taken at the time the order is placed to reserve your item for you.
Everyone loves a pretty package, but out of respect to our environment your order will arrive with minimal labelling and packaging. Recycled and recyclable packaging is used whenever possible, keeping prices and environmental impact lower.
All gift orders are sent with the same minimal packaging as above. We can send your package straight to a gift recipient if you'd like and there is an option for a gift message at checkout. Gift orders are sent with a gift receipt that does not include pricing or payment information.
Returns of unused, unworn items, (yarn must still be in skein form), are accepted up to 30 days after the date of purchase. You are responsible for return shipping and will be refunded for your item(s) within three days of receipt of the return. Original shipping charges are not refundable.
Kits can only be returned as the full kit purchased. In other words,returns of individual kit items will not be accepted/refunded. If your kit contained a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from any refund.
Pattern orders cannot be cancelled or returned. If you return a kit that included a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from your refund.
If there is an occasion where you believe your item is defective please contact us within 3 days of receipt at email@example.com and send a photo of the defect and we'll take care of it.
Please send returns to:
High Fibre Shop
11 Freshwell St.
Saffron Walden, UK CB10 1BY
When you’re in the mood for a simple cable twist this versatile, unisex, one-size-fits-many hat is just the answer!
This is a super easy hat that works up quickly, (there are only 2 rounds of cables!), and it’s honestly hard to get a bad fit due to the ribbing throughout the hat.
One needle is used throughout the hat, (although you will need DPNs for the crown), and there are a variety of ways to make the hat your own by changing up colour combinations, using a solid colour throughout, adding a yarn or faux fur pom pom, etc.
We’ve used the lovely DK Luxe from Yama Fibre Art, (a delicious blend of merino wool, alpaca, and kid mohair), for our version, but the pattern will work with a wide variety of DK or worsted weight yarns. Get a skein of something special or dive into your stash!
NOTE: This is a downloadable PDF pattern and you will be sent an email with the link to download when your purchase is completed. You will NOT receive a print version of the pattern, however you will be able to easily print it yourself from the download.
- Toddler/Adult (fits up to 20/23” head); brim is 15.5/18” unstretched; 7.5/ 9” tall
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Techniques: Cables, knitting in the round
You Will Need:
- 1 Main Colour (50/55g) and 1 Contrast Colour (15/20g)
- 16" circular or DPNs in sizes US6/4mm for body
- DPNs in size US6/4mm for crown
- Stitch marker and tapestry needle
- Optional: Yarn or Faux Fur Pom Pom