About the Products
- All HFS Yarns are handcrafted in small batches using natural or botanical dyes -- no acid dyes or chemicals. You can read more about HFS Yarns below.
- Accessories, such as knitting tools, are chosen for their functionality as well as form. I seek out handcrafted items made in small batches and love to feature local artisans whenever possible.
- Natural fibres are our preference, not only for their ability to produce wearable and beautiful items, but because they are sustainable sources of fibre.
- Everyone loves a pretty package, but we also want to respect our environment so your order will arrive with minimal labelling and packaging.
- All gift orders are sent with the same minimal packaging as above. We can send your package straight to a gift recipient if you'd like and there is an option for a gift message at checkout. Gift orders are sent with a gift receipt that does not include pricing or payment information.
About HFS Yarns:
- Hand-dyed using only botanical or natural dyes in small batches. No harsh chemicals or harmful products are used in the dying process.
- I dye my yarns as semi-solids, meaning there is subtle shading throughout the skein, which I find produces more interesting finished products. If you require a consistent solid colour this is probably not the yarn for you.
- Due to the nature of botanical/natural hand-dyed products, there may be variations from skein to skein making each skein unique. All skeins within a listing will be from the same batch unless otherwise noted. Alternating skeins is recommended if using more than one skein of a colour in a project.
- Skeins are rinsed before shipping, but some minimal bleeding/colour transfer may still occur. Always swatch and test when using dark and light colours together.
- Care is taken to accurately represent the yarn colour in photographs, but there may be subtle differences in real life due to your monitor settings.