V is Still for Valentine Hat Knitting Pattern - HFS Original - Downloadable PDF
Orders are shipped via Royal Mail 1-2 business days after order is received.
Shipping fees are calculated at checkout and are dependant on the delivery address and weight of your order as well as the class of service you select. (Please see below for specifics regarding your delivery address.)
A shipping confirmation with tracking information, (when applicable), will be sent via email once the order is shipped.
- We offer several options for shipping within the UK, including 1st Class, 2nd Class, and Signature Required options. The Signature Required option is often advisable when delivering to a business or flat.
- Orders over £75 shipping to the UK are shipped for free.
- We offer Standard and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order to the EU.
- Please note that the Standard option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- Packages are usually delivered to the EU within 1 week of the date they are shipped, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer.
INTERNATIONAL OUTSIDE THE EU
- We ship worldwide to select countries from Saffron Walden, United Kingdom, and offer Standard International and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order.
- Please note that the Standard International option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- International customers are responsible for any local duties or taxes imposed by their local government.
- International packages outside the EU are usually delivered within 1-3 weeks of the shipping date, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer.
If your order includes an item that is designated as a pre-order item your entire order will ship together when the pre-order item is available. Should you wish to receive other items sooner please place a separate order or contact us to arrange for separate shipment.
Please note that payment for pre-order items is taken at the time the order is placed to reserve your item for you.
Everyone loves a pretty package, but out of respect to our environment your order will arrive with minimal labelling and packaging. Recycled and recyclable packaging is used whenever possible, keeping prices and environmental impact lower.
All gift orders are sent with the same minimal packaging as above. We can send your package straight to a gift recipient if you'd like and there is an option for a gift message at checkout. Gift orders are sent with a gift receipt that does not include pricing or payment information.
Returns of unused, unworn items, (yarn must still be in skein form), are accepted up to 30 days after the date of purchase. You are responsible for return shipping and will be refunded for your item(s) within three days of receipt of the return. Original shipping charges are not refundable.
Kits can only be returned as the full kit purchased. In other words,returns of individual kit items will not be accepted/refunded. If your kit contained a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from any refund.
Pattern orders cannot be cancelled or returned. If you return a kit that included a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from your refund.
If there is an occasion where you believe your item is defective please contact us within 3 days of receipt at email@example.com and send a photo of the defect and we'll take care of it.
Please send returns to:
High Fibre Shop
11 Freshwell St.
Saffron Walden, UK CB10 1BY
V is Still for Valentine is a nod to one of my first published patterns, the V is for Valentine hat. Written in five sizes with lots of options for making this hat your own. Perfect for gift knitting, too!
The simple colourwork makes this hat appropriate for knitters ready to tackle their first colourwork but still fun for more experienced knitters.
The hat is knit from the bottom up in one piece and is seamless. It can be worn with an optional pom pom or without.
This project is also a perfect stash buster or a way to use mini skeins. The two smallest sizes can be made with just 2 mini skeins each!
NOTE: This is a downloadable PDF pattern and you will be sent an email with the link to download when your purchase is completed. You will NOT receive a print version of the pattern, however you will be able to easily print it yourself from the download.
A (B, C, D, E): 14 (16, 18, 20, 22)” / 35.5 (40.5, 46, 51, 56) cm finished circumference (unstretched).
Height of finished hat: 7 (7.5, 8.5, 9.5, 10)” / 18 (19, 21.5, 24, 25.5) cm
Note about height – there is room for adjusting the height before the crown section which is noted in the pattern.
Sizes and Finished Measurements:
The measurements for the sizes above are for the finished, (and blocked), hat, (excluding pom pom). The recommended ease is 1-3”/2.5-7.5 cm negative ease on the ribbed brim. Please select a size that is 1-3”/2.5-7.5 cm smaller than head size, (or that will give you the preferred fit).
Yarn: 4 ply fingering-weight yarn
Total Yarn: 30 (35, 45, 55, 60)g
Yarn for Rib with BC
BC: 24 (27, 35, 41, 44) g
CC: 6 (8, 10, 14, 16) g
Yarn for Rib with CC
BC: 16 (20, 27, 32, 35) g
CC: 14 (15, 18, 23, 25) g
Needle sizes are suggestions only. Please use the needle size necessary for you to obtain gauge.
- US 2 (2.75mm) 16” (40 cm) circular or DPNs for ribbing
- US 3 (3.25mm) 16” (40 cm) circular or DPNs for body
- US 3 (3.25mm) DPNs or preferred needle type for crown
Skill Level: Advanced BeginnerTechniques: Two colour stranded knitting, knitting in the round