Blythe's Spirit Sweater Pattern - HFS Original - Downloadable PDF
Orders are shipped via Royal Mail 1-2 business days after order is received.
Shipping fees are calculated at checkout and are dependant on the delivery address and weight of your order as well as the class of service you select. (Please see below for specifics regarding your delivery address.)
A shipping confirmation with tracking information, (when applicable), will be sent via email once the order is shipped.
- We offer several options for shipping within the UK, including 1st Class, 2nd Class, and Signature Required options. The Signature Required option is often advisable when delivering to a business or flat.
- Orders over £75 shipping to the UK are shipped for free.
- We offer Standard and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order to the EU.
- Please note that the Standard option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- Packages are usually delivered to the EU within 1 week of the date they are shipped, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer.
INTERNATIONAL OUTSIDE THE EU
- We ship worldwide to select countries from St. Albans, United Kingdom, and offer Standard International and Tracked & Signed options for delivery of your order.
- Please note that the Standard International option offers no tracking information if your package goes astray therefore we cannot assume responsibility for lost or stolen packages using this shipping method. We strongly advise the Tracked & Signed option when delivering to a business or flat/apartment.
- International customers are responsible for any local duties or taxes imposed by their local government.
- International packages outside the EU are usually delivered within 1-3 weeks of the shipping date, however there are occasions and circumstances outside our control where it may take longer.
If your order includes an item that is designated as a pre-order item your entire order will ship together when the pre-order item is available. Should you wish to receive other items sooner please place a separate order or contact us to arrange for separate shipment.
Please note that payment for pre-order items is taken at the time the order is placed to reserve your item for you.
Everyone loves a pretty package, but out of respect to our environment your order will arrive with minimal labelling and packaging. Recycled and recyclable packaging is used whenever possible, keeping prices and environmental impact lower.
All gift orders are sent with the same minimal packaging as above. We can send your package straight to a gift recipient if you'd like and there is an option for a gift message at checkout. Gift orders are sent with a gift receipt that does not include pricing or payment information.
Returns of unused, unworn items, (yarn must still be in skein form), are accepted up to 30 days after the date of purchase. You are responsible for return shipping and will be refunded for your item(s) within three days of receipt of the return. Original shipping charges are not refundable.
Kits can only be returned as the full kit purchased. In other words,returns of individual kit items will not be accepted/refunded. If your kit contained a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from any refund.
Pattern orders cannot be cancelled or returned. If you return a kit that included a free pattern the full price of the pattern will be deducted from your refund.
If there is an occasion where you believe your item is defective please contact us within 3 days of receipt at firstname.lastname@example.org and send a photo of the defect and we'll take care of it.
Please send returns to:
High Fibre Shop
32 Grange Street
St. Albans, UK AL3 5NB
Blythe’s Spirit is knit in one piece from the top down with a two-colour stranded colourwork yoke, sleeves that gather gently at the long ribbed cuff, and three options for body shaping. The pattern has been professionally graded, test knit in all sizes, and tech edited. There is a schematic diagram included in the pattern.
- Sizes:A (B, C, D) (E, F, G) (H, I, J): 34.75 (36.75, 39.5, 41.25) (43.25, 45.25, 47.25) (49.25, 51.25, 53)” / 88.5 (93.5, 100, 105) (110, 115, 120) (125, 130, 135) cm finished bust circumference.(Additional measurements in schematic.)
- Sizes and Finished Measurements: The measurements for the sizes above are for the finished sweater. The recommended ease is 0-2”/0-5 cm positive ease. Please select a size that is 0-2”/ 0-5 cm larger than your actual bust circumference, (or that will give you your preferred fit).
- Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- Techniques: stranded knitting in the round, increases, decreases
You Will Need:
- Suggested Yarns: Skein Queen Crush 4ply (75% Merino wool, 25% nylon; 465 yds/425 m per 100g skein) available at skeinqueenyarns.co.uk
MC: Inkpen 3 (3, 3, 4) (4, 4, 4) (5, 5, 5) skeins
CC: Snow Bunting, 1 skein for all sizes
- MC: 1075 (1130, 1230, 1315) (1390, 1435, 1555) (1635, 1725, 1790) yds / 983 (1033, 1125, 1202) (1271, 1312, 1422) (1495, 1577, 1637) m.
- CC: 200 (215, 240, 265) (290, 305, 340) (370, 400, 430) yds / 183 (197, 219, 242) (265, 279, 311) (338, 366, 393) m.
26 sts and 28 rnds = 4 inches/10 cm over colourwork on larger needles after blocking
24 sts and 32 rnds = 4 inches/10 cm over st st, in the round, on larger needles, after blocking
Needle sizes are suggestions only. Please use the needle size necessary for you to obtain gauge. Change to longer circular needles as necessary as you work the yoke and body. Larger sizes will require longer needles.
US 3 (3.25 mm) 16” (40 cm) circular for collar
US 3 (3.25mm) DPNs or preferred needle type for cuff
US 3 (3.25mm) 24” (60 cm) or longer circular for body ribbing
US 4 (3.5 mm) 32" (80 cm) or longer circular needle for yoke and body
US 4 (3.5mm) DPNs or preferred needle type for sleeves